What's the deadline?
All submissions must be received by Thursday at noon to be considered for online publication and in the following Wednesday's newspaper.
Which events don't qualify?
Classes, workshops and seminars must be free or donation-based with no suggested dollar amount in order to be listed in our free calendar section. With some exceptions described here, all other classes qualify for a paid listing in our classes section.
We also don't publish free listings for: Real estate open houses, religious services, retail sales/specials, donation drop-offs and camps. For exceptions, publishing process and our full event publishing criteria, see this page.
Which category should I choose?
- NEW! For kids and family events, choose the appropriate Family Fun: XXX category.
- For visual art shows, talks or events, choose: Art: Shows or Art: Art Events.
- For call to artists announcements, choose: Art: Call to Artists.
- For musicians and other acts performing at nightclub venues, choose the appropriate Music+Nightlife: XXX category.
- For all other events, choose the appropriate Calendar: XXX category.
* * *